Change ItemType and Affected Item

Good day all.  I am working on modifying our change ItemTypes (don't use the OOTB ones).  I have been looking at the Simple ECO as an example.  Our current changes are associated to a single document/part.  So if someone is updating a drawing that affects a part, they would have to submit two changes, it gets worse if this affects multiple things.  I would like to modify (or create a new ItemType) these changes to have the Affected Items tab.  I have been testing this with a custom ItemType, but am running into problems with the Has Changes  getting updated.  I looked at Changes Pending in Part post and saw that there were a few Methods that I needed to look at.  I modified the Methods PE_update_has_change_pending and PE_ChangeItemTransition to include my change ItemType, but my test document will not get marked as Change Pending.  I tested the Simple ECO and it does mark the document.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Parents
  • Hi Nathan,

Try to inforce a "newError" error message to see if your Method reacts at all. I assume your customized Methods is not called. 

In the standard Aras CM processes, the Method "PE_update_has_change_pending" is also called inside (!) other Methods. E.g. by "PE_OnChangeItemReleased". Take a look at the existing Lifecycles of Simple ECO or similar. You will notice that there are a lot of Methods called by LifeCycle transitions. Some of them are used to set the change pending flags, release date and other stuff.

Not sure if you even have to modify transition handlers, but for change pending the lifecycle transistion Methods should already do the trick.

• AngelIp,

Thank you for the reply.  I didn't create a new method, I am trying to add to the existing methods.  In the PE_ChangeItemTransition method, I copied anything that referenced Simple ECO and changed it to my ItemType (sm_DEMO_NDR) and the same for Simple ECO Affected Item (sm_DEMO_NDR_Affected_Item).  The LifeCycle for sm_DEMO_NDR is the same as the Simple ECO.  Not sure what I am missing with this.  Thanks again for the help.

• AngelIp,

Thank you for the reply.  I didn't create a new method, I am trying to add to the existing methods.  In the PE_ChangeItemTransition method, I copied anything that referenced Simple ECO and changed it to my ItemType (sm_DEMO_NDR) and the same for Simple ECO Affected Item (sm_DEMO_NDR_Affected_Item).  The LifeCycle for sm_DEMO_NDR is the same as the Simple ECO.  Not sure what I am missing with this.  Thanks again for the help.

Children