If you encounter a stray bullet to start a numbered list you can remove it from the source code.
Usually the cause of this is that the numbered list (indicated by the <ol> tag) is wrapped as a list item <li> tag in an unordered list <ul> tag.
To fix it in the source:
- Find the ordered list in the source code.
- Confirm that it is wrapped in <ul> tags.
- Delete the opening <ul> and <li> tags preceeding the list.
- Delete the closing </ul> and </li> tags fllwing the list.
- Be sure to leave the ordered list tags intact.
See below for a demo.