Error: Cannot access OAuth Server due to 404 (Not Found)

オフライン

Hi,

I did a fresh install and cannot login due to OAuth error. I think the configuration of OAuth is broken or missing.

The directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator12\OAuthServer

does not have a folder .well-known nor an openid-configuration file.

Here's the output of dotnet --info:

C:\>dotnet --info
.NET Core SDK (reflecting any global.json):
 Version:   2.1.803
 Commit:    ac31cfb390

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     Windows
 OS Version:  10.0.14393
 OS Platform: Windows
 RID:         win10-x64
 Base Path:   C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.1.803\

Host (useful for support):
  Version: 2.1.15
  Commit:  d43032d4d9

.NET Core SDKs installed:
  2.1.803 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

.NET Core runtimes installed:
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.15 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.15 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.15 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]

To install additional .NET Core runtimes or SDKs:
  https://aka.ms/dotnet-download

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Bjoern

Parents
  • Hi Bjoern,

Are you seeing this error when you try login normally through the login page? Would you be able to attach a screenshot or include the error message text of the exact error you're getting?

As a note to your point about missing files, the .well-known/openid-configuration that you append to the OAuthServer URL (as in this blog post) does not represent a physical folder path so these are not expected to be found in the OAuthServer folder. From what I understand, this is a special URL that is handled through code in one of the DLLs in the OAuthServer/Bin/ folder. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Good morning Chris,

this error message appears, when I started to connect to the Arras Innovator login page.

Bjorn

Reply Children
  • Hi Bjorn,

Did you install the OAuth Server and Innovator Server together under the same location or was this a separate install?

The first place I'd recommend checking is the InnovatorServerConfig.xml that you can find at the root of your installation directory. This config file has a URL inside of the <OAuthServerDiscovery/> tag that should point to the URL of your OAuth Server. The default value here should be fine if you've installed the two components together, but for good measure, you can try hard-coding this URL. 

For a default installation, the URL would look something like:

localhost/.../OAuthServer

But for a separate installation, the URL will be based on the machine name where you've installed the OAuthServer.

Chris

• Hi Chris,

I installed both, OAuth and Innovator Server, under the same location via the Aras setup wizard. The path is this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator12

I try to connect the browser to this site: localhost/.../

This is the content of my InnovatorServerConfig.xml :

<OAuthServerDiscovery>
            <Urls>
                <Url value="$[HTTP_PREFIX_SERVER]$[HTTP_HOST_SERVER]$[HTTP_PORT_SERVER]$[HTTP_PATH_SERVER]/OAuthServer/"/>
            </Urls>
        </OAuthServerDiscovery>

I also get the error with this configuration:

<OAuthServerDiscovery>
            <Urls>
                <Url value="">localhost/.../>
            </Urls>
        </OAuthServerDiscovery>

Bjoern