Error: Cannot access OAuth Server due to 404 (Not Found)

Hi,

I did a fresh install and cannot login due to OAuth error. I think the configuration of OAuth is broken or missing.

The directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator12\OAuthServer

does not have a folder .well-known nor an openid-configuration file.

Here's the output of dotnet --info:

C:\>dotnet --info
.NET Core SDK (reflecting any global.json):
 Version:   2.1.803
 Commit:    ac31cfb390

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     Windows
 OS Version:  10.0.14393
 OS Platform: Windows
 RID:         win10-x64
 Base Path:   C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.1.803\

Host (useful for support):
  Version: 2.1.15
  Commit:  d43032d4d9

.NET Core SDKs installed:
  2.1.803 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

.NET Core runtimes installed:
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.15 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.15 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.15 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]

To install additional .NET Core runtimes or SDKs:
  https://aka.ms/dotnet-download

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Bjoern

Parents
  • Hi Bjoern,

Are you seeing this error when you try login normally through the login page? Would you be able to attach a screenshot or include the error message text of the exact error you're getting?

As a note to your point about missing files, the .well-known/openid-configuration that you append to the OAuthServer URL (as in this blog post) does not represent a physical folder path so these are not expected to be found in the OAuthServer folder. From what I understand, this is a special URL that is handled through code in one of the DLLs in the OAuthServer/Bin/ folder. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi Bjoern,

Are you seeing this error when you try login normally through the login page? Would you be able to attach a screenshot or include the error message text of the exact error you're getting?

As a note to your point about missing files, the .well-known/openid-configuration that you append to the OAuthServer URL (as in this blog post) does not represent a physical folder path so these are not expected to be found in the OAuthServer folder. From what I understand, this is a special URL that is handled through code in one of the DLLs in the OAuthServer/Bin/ folder. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children