Error 1720 during install

I need help! I cannot get Innovator to install in my server. I've run out of options. Any idea on what could be causing this issue?

Parents
  • I've found some more details in the event viewer: 

Product: Aras Innovator -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action ConfigureWindowsAuthenticationSettings script error -2146827864, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'WScript' Line 18, Column 3, 

• Same problem here. Did you sort it out?

• Hi Duncan and Fabio,

I believe I have run into a similar issue. This is an issue with Windows installer, in my case I ended the installer task during installation and received a similar error. Have you tried re-registering the msi? You can try this by opening a command prompt as administrator and typing in the following command: msiexec /unregister, then press enter. Then to re-register type in the following command msiexec /regserver. After this try the installation again.

Hope this helps!

Nithin

• Hi Duncan and Fabio,

I believe I have run into a similar issue. This is an issue with Windows installer, in my case I ended the installer task during installation and received a similar error. Have you tried re-registering the msi? You can try this by opening a command prompt as administrator and typing in the following command: msiexec /unregister, then press enter. Then to re-register type in the following command msiexec /regserver. After this try the installation again.

Hope this helps!

Nithin

Children