Which web client framework to use to create new UI?

Hello,

I found that Aras is now using Dojo for the new interface of Aras, V12.

I was wondering:

- Does it mean that we should use Dojo as well if we were to create custom UI? Or can we use something else? react.js, angular or else?

Best Regards,

Sacha Bertschi

Parents
  • Hi Sacha,

I believe there are a few different libraries being used for various parts of the UI. Dojo is used quite a bit, but we also use Inferno.js for grids and d3.js for Graph Navigation.

There's no limitation on using other libraries like react or angular though. Depending on the custom UI you're looking to add, I'd also recommend taking a look at CUI for a low-code approach to extending the existing UI. There's a lot of possibilities for customization available, and using CUI will also help easily achieve a consistent look with the rest of the Aras Innovator client.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi Sacha,

I believe there are a few different libraries being used for various parts of the UI. Dojo is used quite a bit, but we also use Inferno.js for grids and d3.js for Graph Navigation.

There's no limitation on using other libraries like react or angular though. Depending on the custom UI you're looking to add, I'd also recommend taking a look at CUI for a low-code approach to extending the existing UI. There's a lot of possibilities for customization available, and using CUI will also help easily achieve a consistent look with the rest of the Aras Innovator client.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children
No Data