Update part after an ECR / ECN release

オフライン

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to automatically update a part after an ECR or an ECN has been released ? How to explain the change we want within an ECR or an ECN ?

Thank you Slight smile

Parents
  • Hello,

I am not sure I follow, an ECN will update a part when released without an additional step. Do you want to add comments explaining what the change was? 

• オフライン in reply to pmateo

I released an ECN but the part hasn't automatically changed.

Is it possible or do we have to manually change the part ?

• オフライン in reply to AlBer

You can definitely change the part manually, assuming you have the permissions. Under "Actions" when you open a part you will find a variety of alternatives and properties you  can change.

However, I don't encourage it because it defeats the purpose of the ECN and the process you established to add these changes, and it seems your real issue is different. I would try to address why the ECN did not affect the part. The first thing that comes to mind is some loophole of the part lifecycle, or the ECN was not setup properly. Regardless of the reason, you should look into that.

What did you try to achieve with the ECN? Here we release ECNs a dozen times a day and I am yet to see this behaviour, and I am unable to replicate it.

• オフライン in reply to AlBer

You can definitely change the part manually, assuming you have the permissions. Under "Actions" when you open a part you will find a variety of alternatives and properties you  can change.

However, I don't encourage it because it defeats the purpose of the ECN and the process you established to add these changes, and it seems your real issue is different. I would try to address why the ECN did not affect the part. The first thing that comes to mind is some loophole of the part lifecycle, or the ECN was not setup properly. Regardless of the reason, you should look into that.

What did you try to achieve with the ECN? Here we release ECNs a dozen times a day and I am yet to see this behaviour, and I am unable to replicate it.

Children
No Data