Running ARAS Innovator on Docker

Hello,

I found these two web pages about running ARAS Innovator on Docker:

I was wondering if your corporation has any advices or solutions for this option?

Best regards

• Hello AlBer,

This is something Aras currently has in development. We already have an internal prototype working, but there's no official date for when the final product is set to be released. We have customers as well as some internal teams heavily demanding this functionality, so we're trying not to keep people waiting too long. :)

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

Thank you for your answer!

Can you keep me informed about the development/release of such a functionality ?

Best regards

• I certainly can! I'll reply here as I learn more info.

• Hi Christopher,

My company is also very interested in using docker containers for testing with Innovator.

Looking forward to any updates that are coming.

Thanks,

Ryan

• I'm finding installation for a local development setup a real pain - when it comes to MSSQL setup. I've been trying everything I can think of and everything suggested in threads on the subject and can't get this thing connected - and cannot start the DB. I mean, I think it is the DB not starting. Makes me wish there was a dev-docker to run and then I could run my VS2019 with CCase plugins on my baremetal and finally get to work on this thing! Two days! Ahhh! Would it even run in Docker though? It's so Microsoft dependent, seemingly. Anyway, it would be nice to have an image that just runs so I don't need to do this or beg IT for a few more gigs so it doesn't run so slow my Selenuim/NodeJS/Cucumber tests didn't need, at times, 25 seconds wait. Not being critical of the product. I just would like if the installer included SQL Express, or whatever minimal impact, no extra money DB, for development, or there were a Docker to plug-n-play. My $0.02