unable to open http://localhost/InnovatorServer/Server/InnovatorServer.aspx in browser

オフライン

Hi there!

I have installed innovator 11 on windows 7.

Mircosoft SQL SERVER - 14.

Configured IIS from Built-in component of Windows 7 - IIS version is 7.5( as per Microsoft document )

IIS is correctly configured. I have created helloworld asp page and placed in in wwwroot just to be sure IIS runs smoothly and the asp page does run. 

.However when accessed localhost/.../InnovatorServer.aspx IIS throws the Error - 

This page isn’t working

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you

Regards,

Gautam

Parents
  • Hi Gautam

1. Ensure that MSSQLServer and World Wide Web Publishing Service services are running.

2. If yes, check IIS is running.

3. Also check http://localhost/ and verify it is landing to IIS page

4. Check .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8, Internet Information Services is enabled in Turn Windows Features On or Off

Thank You

Gopikrishnan

• オフライン in reply to Gopikrishnan

Hello Gopikrishnan,

Thank you for your inputs. 

I checked with all the points you mentioned and everything is in place.

Guessing ASP.NET is not registered with IIS I ran following command

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319> aspnet_regiis.exe -i 

Now I am getting following error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <SOAP-ENV:Fault xmlns:af="www.aras.com/InnovatorFault">
    <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
    <faultstring>
    <![CDATA[
    Database Name Or Database Description Is Wrong. (Check your request and server configuration file)
    ]]>
    </faultstring>
    <detail>
    <af:legacy_detail>
    <![CDATA[
    Database Name Or Database Description Is Wrong. (Check your request and server configuration file)
    ]]>
    </af:legacy_detail>
    <af:exception message=" Database Name Or Database Description Is Wrong. (Check your request and server configuration file)" type="Aras.Server.Core.InnovatorServerException"/>
    </detail>
    </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
  • オフライン in reply to gautamk

Hi there,

I think we should not use the URL directly. Instead when I use "http://localhost/InnovatorServer" it pops up the login page.

• Hello,

I just want to chime in and confirm that you should not navigate to /Server/InnovatorServer.aspx directly. Instead, you should login with just the WebAlias that was set up during the installation of Aras Innovator as you have pointed out in your comment. This will redirect you to the appropriate login page. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

I just want to chime in and confirm that you should not navigate to /Server/InnovatorServer.aspx directly. Instead, you should login with just the WebAlias that was set up during the installation of Aras Innovator as you have pointed out in your comment. This will redirect you to the appropriate login page. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children