Login error on the PackageImport/Export utility

Hi,

So recently I installed Innovator V12, after having uninstalled V11. Everything works fine, except when I try to use the PackageImport/Export utility. It gives me the following Error:

Login errors
          ****ErrorMessage****
faultstring: Failed login to Innovator; original error: <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="">schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:i18n="">www.aras.com/I18N"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault>
    <faultcode>999</faultcode>
    <faultstring>System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</faultstring>
    <faultactor>HttpServerConnection</faultactor>
    <detail>unknown error</detail>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
faultdetail:Failed login to Innovator; original error: <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="">schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:i18n="">www.aras.com/I18N"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault>
    <faultcode>999</faultcode>
    <faultstring>System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</faultstring>
    <faultactor>HttpServerConnection</faultactor>
    <detail>unknown error</detail>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope> Unable to login.
faultcode: -100
          *******************

I have tried to login with the same credentials in the Webbrowser and it worked. I'm a bit running out of ideas on what to try next to make the utility work. Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Kind Regards,
Matthias

Parents
  • Hi Matthias,

    Are you using the most current version of the import/export utilities? The old version for v11 will not work with innovator 12. The newest version is available within the CD image, or can be downloaded on the downloads page. This new version of the utilities is backwards compatible with 11 as well.

    AJ

  • Hi AJ,

    Yes, I'm using the latest Version downloaded a few minutes ago from here: https://www.aras.com/-/media/files/downloads/packageimportexportutilities.ashx?la=en

    It gives me the same error

    The old version of the utility gives me the following error:

    Login errors
              ****ErrorMessage****
    faultstring: Failed login to Innovator; original error:
          999
          HTTP Error
          HttpServerConnection
          System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
          
    faultdetail:Failed login to Innovator; original error:
          999
          HTTP Error
          HttpServerConnection
          System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
           Unable to login.
    faultcode: -100
              *******************

    Kind regards,
    Matthias

  • Interesting. When you input the URL is it in the format: http://{yourIP}/{yourServerName}? Are you able to select the correct database through the import/export utility? I'm having trouble reproducing this issue in my own environment.

    AJ

  • Yes, I'm able to see and select all installed DBs.
    Could it be relevant, that I had previously installed Innovator 11?

    Matthias

  • That shouldn't be an issue, you're even capable of having both versions running on the same server. Does your newly installed 12 instance have the same name as the 11 version you uninstalled? I'm not sure if that could cause issues, but it's worth checking. 

  • Yes, it has the same name. I'll reinstall Innovator 12 with another name and update you if that solved the issue.

    I now uninstalled Innovator 12 and reinstalled Innovator 11 with the same settings and Innovator 12 with other urls, directories and names, where possible. Both are running fine. However the tool gives me still the same error on both installations.

    Matthias

Reply
  • Yes, it has the same name. I'll reinstall Innovator 12 with another name and update you if that solved the issue.

    I now uninstalled Innovator 12 and reinstalled Innovator 11 with the same settings and Innovator 12 with other urls, directories and names, where possible. Both are running fine. However the tool gives me still the same error on both installations.

    Matthias

Children
No Data