Hi all, I'm quite new to Aras - installing it second time and this time around I'm installing it to the 2 servers so that the Enterprise search services are located in a another server. Briefly my configuration: App server:
- IIS with Aras Innovator
- SQL Express
Searchserver: Solr, ES Agent & services Services:
- ES Agent
- ES File Processor
- ES Zookeeper
I was trying to follow the installation guide. And everything seems quite ok:
- Aras basic functions are working properly
- Solr is answering nicely: from Search server http://localhost:8983/solr/
- In Aras I can see ES Agent Crawlers (from toc/Enterprice search)
- ESFileCrawler, ESItemCrawler, ESPermissionCrawler, ESQueueCrawler, ESSolrCleanerCrawler
- And ESPermissionCrawler has processed some items
- Aras ES Agent 11.0, Aras ES File Processon 11.0, Aras ES Index 11.0, Aras ES ZooKeeper 11.0 Services are running in a 'search' server.
So for me this looks like Aras and the search can communicate with each others. Servers should be in same network and powershell/Test-NetConnection tests gives positive results. BUT When I go to Aras TOC/My Innovator/Search/search form and click 'Run search' I'm getting: "Unable to connect to the remote server". Any help on this? How could I try to pinpoint the problem? How does the 'search' information is sent to the Solr? Can I make the search somehow from the searchserver directly (to check search is giving results back / rule in/out the network issues)? Any other tips to check functionalities of the Enterprise Search? Br, Jukka.