How to remove Class Structure: Sub Class

Created a Class Structure for Documents in ARAS. Later we determined some SubClasses were not needed and tried to remove them. Even though there were no documents associated with this property, SubClasses cannot be removed from Class Structure for Document. Suggestions?
Parents
  • Hello, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue in an instance of 11.0 SP12 I was using. Could you click the "Show Details" button on the error message you're getting? That should tell you what item(s) are referencing the subclasses you want to delete. You may be running into a case where no current Documents reference that subclass, but an older generation of a Document does. You can try running an AML query like below to search on all generations of the Documents in your system for that subclass.
    <AML>
    <Item type="Document" action="get">
    <classification>YOUR_SUBCLASS</classification>
    <generation condition="gt">1</generation>
    </Item>
    </AML>
    Chris
    Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Hello, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue in an instance of 11.0 SP12 I was using. Could you click the "Show Details" button on the error message you're getting? That should tell you what item(s) are referencing the subclasses you want to delete. You may be running into a case where no current Documents reference that subclass, but an older generation of a Document does. You can try running an AML query like below to search on all generations of the Documents in your system for that subclass.
    <AML>
    <Item type="Document" action="get">
    <classification>YOUR_SUBCLASS</classification>
    <generation condition="gt">1</generation>
    </Item>
    </AML>
    Chris
    Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer
Children
No Data