Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch through opened tabs?

Hi community,

does anyone know, if there are any keyboards shortcut available to switch through opened tabs?

I am looking for a keyboard shortcut to

- set the focus to the tabs pane
- move back and forth inside the tab pane
- set focus back from tab pane to item window 

I think some simple shortcuts would ease up navigation - especially for administrators that have a tendency the mouse arm syndrome. I noticed that I most of the time switch to the mouse for the sole purpose of selecting another tab. 

Does anyone know a secret shortcut that could work? Or has somebody an idea to build this on, maybe with CUI?

Any input welcomed! Thanks!

Angela

Parents
  • Hi community,

I found something interesting in the codetree. The tab pane is rendered by Modules\compontents\tab.js.

This file already contains functions for keydown events!

There are now a couple of options:

1. Keydown events to switch through tabs are available, but I don´t know which key combinations to use

2. Keydown events are somekind of prepared inside Innovator, but haven´t been fully implemented yet.

3. The shown code does something completely different and I am on the wrong track.

Has anyone of you one of the latest Innovator version (15/16/17) up and running and can check if keyboard shortcuts work there?

Best regards!

Angela

• Hi community,

I found something interesting in the codetree. The tab pane is rendered by Modules\compontents\tab.js.

This file already contains functions for keydown events!

There are now a couple of options:

1. Keydown events to switch through tabs are available, but I don´t know which key combinations to use

2. Keydown events are somekind of prepared inside Innovator, but haven´t been fully implemented yet.

3. The shown code does something completely different and I am on the wrong track.

Has anyone of you one of the latest Innovator version (15/16/17) up and running and can check if keyboard shortcuts work there?

Best regards!

Angela

Children
No Data