Installation Of Aras 12SP9 stops ISS

Hi All,

I just started anew install of Aras 12 SP9 on a new PC for development work, The PC is a HP Z workstation, running Windows 10 pro, having enabled ISS and checked that worked by going to Chrome localhost it displayed its standard default page. I atempedted to installed  .NET 4.7.2 but found it did not like it and said a later version was already installed. So I went on with the install process I had previously installed MS SQL Server Express.  After the basic install I was not able to get to localhost, IIS (Internet Information Services manager) and found that it was not running, so I tried to start it and was given the 

"Cannot start service W3SVC on computer"

I found a stackoverflow article, which suggested that I should remove ISS using "Turn Windows Feature on or off" so I removed ISS restarted pc, when and renabled ISS and I had a working version of ISS. This of cause removed configuration that Aras had placed in within ISS.

So I uninstalled Aras, and  having searched around and found that there was a dev version .NET 4.7.2 so I installed that thinking maybe that was the issue. I reinstalled Aras  the issue I found was that the Aras Innovator Agent had not been removed by the uninstall process, so I had to rename it. I was then able to reinstall it, but again the it stops ISS and now I have 2 Aras Innovator Agent services , AgentService_InnovatorServer and AgentService_Innovator12 my renamed service from my second install,

Again my ISS stopped working with the W3SVC error. 

Does anyone know what the cause of this W3SVC error and how I can get rid of one of the Agent services as I am sure I only need one.

Parents
  • For your reference, the IIS not working issue occurs due to installing the prerequisites in the incorrect order. Please follow the steps below to resolve that: 

1. Uninstall the following to ensure a clean server
      1. Aras Innovator
      2. IIS
      3. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
      4. .Net .Net Framework 4.7.2
      5. Microsoft .NET Core Runtime – 2.1.8
      6. Microsoft .NET Core 2.1.8 – Windows Server Hosting
    2. Install IIS using the following steps (you will receive 500.19 error if you do not select the features below):
      1. .NET Framework 4.5 Advanced Services
    1. Windows 8 / WS2012 or higher
    2. For lower OS versions, .NET 4.0 or 4.5 must be installed separately

1. Static Content
      2. Windows Authentication
      3. ASP
      4. ASP.NET 4.5
    2. Just “ASP.NET” in lower OS versions

1. Install the following prerequisites (in the order listed):
      1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
      2. .Net .Net Framework 4.7.2
      3. ASP.Net Core/.NET Core Runtime and Hosting Bundle 2.1.8
    2. Install Aras Innovator 12.0 SP6 using the steps outlined in the Aras Innovator Installation Guide
  • For your reference, the IIS not working issue occurs due to installing the prerequisites in the incorrect order. Please follow the steps below to resolve that: 

1. Uninstall the following to ensure a clean server
      1. Aras Innovator
      2. IIS
      3. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
      4. .Net .Net Framework 4.7.2
      5. Microsoft .NET Core Runtime – 2.1.8
      6. Microsoft .NET Core 2.1.8 – Windows Server Hosting
    2. Install IIS using the following steps (you will receive 500.19 error if you do not select the features below):
      1. .NET Framework 4.5 Advanced Services
    2. For lower OS versions, .NET 4.0 or 4.5 must be installed separately

1. Static Content
      2. Windows Authentication
      3. ASP
      4. ASP.NET 4.5
    2. Just “ASP.NET” in lower OS versions

1. Install the following prerequisites (in the order listed):
      1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
      2. .Net .Net Framework 4.7.2
      3. ASP.Net Core/.NET Core Runtime and Hosting Bundle 2.1.8
    2. Install Aras Innovator 12.0 SP6 using the steps outlined in the Aras Innovator Installation Guide
Children
No Data