Aras Installation

Hi eveybody, I am Sathishkumar C. I want know about Aras PLM installation hardware requirements. Interms of RAM and Processor (Dual core or Quad Core). Currently i have a system Dual core and 4 GB RAM. Can i Install Aras with this specifications? My requirement from Aras is:
  1. I want install Development Server from Aras. I don't know the exact system requirement.
  2. Less than 20 users will use the Aras in my Startup company.
  3. How was the environment (Development server - Aras) will be? I don't have that much knowledge in programming.
  4. What are the limitations and advantages with development server?
  5. If i installed Aras in my system, how can i define a each user of  my company?
  6. Can access via Aras from outside from the company? Or within the company (LAN) ? How it will  be connected?
Please give me a reply. Thank you in advance.
  • sathishkumar   Yes - you can run on a non server OS.  Example - we run Aras Innovator internally on MS Windows 7,8,10 on MS Surfaces and laptops for NON Production work (i.e. testing, evaluating, etc). Server OS is needed for production to support the robustness needed for multiple users accessing the server/SQL/Aras.   Regarding your earlier queries::
    1. I want install Development Server from Aras. I don’t know the exact system requirement.
      1. A: Dev server is noted on page 10 of the platform specifications
    2. Less than 20 users will use the Aras in my Startup company.
      1. A: Do you mean in Production??  A Dev server is not meant for multiple users.
    3. How was the environment (Development server – Aras) will be? I don’t have that much knowledge in programming.
      1. A: I don't understand
    4. What are the limitations and advantages with development server?
      1. A: Development server is for development ---- NOT production usage by the team members in your firm.
    5. If i installed Aras in my system, how can i define a each user of my company?
      1. A: There are item types for users, identities, teams and groups.  This is for you to configure to match your business organization and access control rules.
    6. Can access via Aras from outside from the company? Or within the company (LAN) ? How it will be connected?
      1. A: That is completely dependant on your IT infrastructure.
      If you are looking to start using Aras I would suggest a small server for your production server.  You can choose to run Aras Innovator on MS Azure if you have an Azure account.  Also our partner Cloudsafe offers both cloud hosting and pre-built servers ready to run Aras. I also suggest that you come to training at Aras to learn how to setup/configure and customize the Aras environment to fit your needs.  It is a small investment to get you the knowledge you need to be in position to help your team to succeed. I hope this is helpful.  Best of luck.   Dave             Dave
  • Hi regarding Dave's response that you can install Aras to non server environment like a Win 10 laptop for evaluation. How is the installation different than what your Installation instructions explain? Br Juha