HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found after installation

I have Windows 10, Aras Innovator 12, IIS Version 10, Windows Server 1809, .NET Framework 4.8, ASP .NET 4.0.30319.0.

When trying to access the website after the initial installation of Aras Innovator (option Configure only, no validations), I get this error:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Do I need to configure something in IIS manager? (add a handler? If so, which one?) The activated handlers are OPTIONSVerbHandler, TRACEVerbHandler and StaticFile.

In web.config,  <authentication mode="Windows" /> is set and in applicationHost.config, <section name="windowsAuthentication" overrideModeDefault="Allow" /> is set, as well as:

<sectionGroup name="system.webServer">

<section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Allow" />

<section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Allow" />

The following application pools are set to "Started" in IIS: Aras Conversion AppPool ASP.NET 4.0, Aras Innovator AppPool ASP.NET 4.0, Aras OAuth AppPool ASP.NET Core, Aras SelfServiceReporting AppPool ASP.NET 4.0, Aras Vault AppPool ASP.NET 4.0, DefaultAppPool.

The authentication mode is configured on IIS components.

Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong? Thank you.

Parents
  • Hello Carmenj,

The quick way to see if IIS was configured by the installer would be to open IIS up, then look under Sites->Default Web Site and look to see if your Aras Innovator instance is there. If it isn't, then something went amiss during the installation itself, and since you haven't started to use Aras Innovator yet I would suggest just uninstalling and beginning again, paying close attention to the names you set for the Web Alias and Server Name. 

Skyler C.

• The InnovatorServer is there under Default Web Site, with Client, ConversionServer, NotficationServer, OAuthServer, SelfServiceReporting, Server and Vault.

• Carmenj, 

The next question I have is whether you have the components of IIS installed. In your control panel, open the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" menu. (It's under Programs and Features.) You want your Internet Information Services section to look like the following:

Once you've done that, it may help to restart IIS- just open up a console and run "IISReset" there. 

Skyler C. 

• Thank you, I am now able to access the login page!

However, now when I try to login, after a short while It says "The operation was canceled." I made sure to log in with the user name "innovator" and the password specified in the InnovatorServerConfig.xml file. Any idea what might be wrong?

Reply Children