Lock document that is in the state of "In Change".

I need to correct a document file in a document that is in the state of "In Change". The new proposed rev is in the state of 'In Review". We are waiting for customer approval so in the meantime the In Change doc is the currently released version and there is a mistake in the file. I tried to lock that document using AML but it tells me it is not the most current version. i already know that but want to lock it anyway. How do i do it?

<AML>
<Item type="Document" action= "lock" id="68FDC33766674A2F9E1A34CBC77F3516">
</Item>
</AML>

<faultstring>The version of the Item you are trying to lock is not current.  Please lock the current version.</faultstring>

Parents Reply
  • I have checked the permission for In Change Document item type in ARAS instance and only members of ARAS PLM role has access to edit it.

Step 1: Navigate to Administration --> Permissions --> Search and open Released Document permission

Step 2: Lock and add Innovator Admin user under Access tab

Step 3: Save and Unlock Permission

Step 4: Relogin to AML studio or Nash as admin and run the query

<AML>
    <Item action='lock' type='Document' id='68FDC33766674A2F9E1A34CBC77F3516' version='0'>
    </Item>
    <Item action='update' type='Document' id='68FDC33766674A2F9E1A34CBC77F3516' version='0'>
    <name>Updating via AML Studio</name>
    </Item>
    <Item action='unlock' type='Document' id='68FDC33766674A2F9E1A34CBC77F3516' version='0'>
    </Item>
    </AML>

Thanks

Gobikrishnan R

Children