Issue in ARAS Innovator 12 localhost - very slow

Hello,

I have installed ARAS Innovator 12 in my laptop which is windows 10. After successful login, TOC page takes more than 30mins to load. Tried in all browsers but facing same issue.

Tried couple of browser settings but none of them are working. Just to create an itemtype it would probably take 15mins. Could you pls suggest some solution for localhost speed up.

Thanks

Parents
  • Sowmyak,

That's slower than I've ever seen before! On my machine, it takes maybe ten seconds, usually more like two. What are the specifications on your laptop? Usual minimum system requirements are listed on page eight of the installation guide. In particular, I'd look at the memory- it suggests about 6 GB if you're running both the client and the server locally, most of which is the server. You might try a few AML queries to see if you can separate out the database from the UI, but in the end you are going to want both of them running much faster than that.

At that speed, I'm somewhat surprised it loads at all. Chrome for example usually tries to kill tabs that are waiting that long. Can you get Chrome's developer tools open, as well as perhaps a task manager, and then log in to Aras? That could tell you what your system is bottlenecked on. If something in Task Manager jumps to 100% system utilization, then that category is the shortfall, if elements and files load in very slowly in the DevTools network tab, then you're having some odd trouble talking to the local server, etc.

Skyler C.

• Sowmyak,

That's slower than I've ever seen before! On my machine, it takes maybe ten seconds, usually more like two. What are the specifications on your laptop? Usual minimum system requirements are listed on page eight of the installation guide. In particular, I'd look at the memory- it suggests about 6 GB if you're running both the client and the server locally, most of which is the server. You might try a few AML queries to see if you can separate out the database from the UI, but in the end you are going to want both of them running much faster than that.

At that speed, I'm somewhat surprised it loads at all. Chrome for example usually tries to kill tabs that are waiting that long. Can you get Chrome's developer tools open, as well as perhaps a task manager, and then log in to Aras? That could tell you what your system is bottlenecked on. If something in Task Manager jumps to 100% system utilization, then that category is the shortfall, if elements and files load in very slowly in the DevTools network tab, then you're having some odd trouble talking to the local server, etc.

Skyler C.

Children
No Data