Cannot get OAuthServer discovery document

オフライン

Hi team

Like the rest of the world we have published our Aras now on an external URL. My Aras seems to be working well, apart from one error, when I try to run the checkout manager,

Aras.IOME.CheckoutManager cm = new Aras.IOME.CheckoutManager(fileItem);

I get the following error:

-<af:exception message =" Cannot get OAuthServer discovery document. " type =" System.AggregateException " >

-<af:innerException message =" Cannot get OAuthServer discovery document from 'plm.cxxx.com/.../' url. " type =" System.InvalidOperationException " >
-<af:innerException message =" An error occurred while sending the request. " type =" System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException " >
-<af:innerException message =" Unable to connect to the remote server " type =" System.Net.WebException " >
 <af:innerException message =" A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 
The system is working 100% if I run the same function with the internal url.
I double checked my OAuth.config file, and there is no obvious errors. We did move to https but it has a certificate and no errors in the browser.....
What did I miss?
Regards
Riaan
Parents
  • Hi Riaan,

The OAuthServer discovery document is actually stored inside of the /Innovator/Server/ folder. You can look at the second section of this blog post for some more details. In short, it serves as a way to point an app to the correct OAuth URL based only on the normal Innovator server URL.

Could you try pinging this URL from your local machine to see if you get an error? You can get it to by adding /Server/OAuthServerDiscovery.aspx to the URL you usually use to connect to your instance. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Thanks Christopher, your advice put me in the right track. Between out IT department and myself we sorted it out.

For other people with the same limited ICT skills as myself, my IT guy explained it as such: 

(It should probably be classified as a "Lie-to-children" explanation, but it makes sense to me)

When you run a C# method on the server, Aras is following the URL. With the new URL it was going out of the server and trying to find it on the internet, our firewall blocked the script from coming into the server again. So he defined the URL on the local host file......now everything is working.

Regards

Riaan

• Thanks Christopher, your advice put me in the right track. Between out IT department and myself we sorted it out.

For other people with the same limited ICT skills as myself, my IT guy explained it as such: 

(It should probably be classified as a "Lie-to-children" explanation, but it makes sense to me)

When you run a C# method on the server, Aras is following the URL. With the new URL it was going out of the server and trying to find it on the internet, our firewall blocked the script from coming into the server again. So he defined the URL on the local host file......now everything is working.

Regards

Riaan

Children
  • Hi, 

I face a similar issue when using attachPhysicalFile for uploading a file to the server. I use a REST call to upload text content that than shall be converted to a file by Method. The Method works fine when directly started within Innovator. But when I call it from REST I get the exact same error. Do you have more information about "how to define URL on a local host file"? Would be happy about any additional help :)

• 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Hi Angela,

What he did was to add the IP and URL for our server into the "host" file as such:

I hope it helps!

Regards

• Hi Riaan,

many thanks for taking your time to answer my question so quickly!

Modifying the host file wasn´t necessary in my case, but your hint lead me to the right track. We use SSL to secure the connection. But I still used a self assigned certificate that wasn´t replaced with a real on yet.

The REST call itself has no trouble with the not trusted certificate. Regular file uploads within Innovator also worked without any trouble.

But the Innovator Method that converts the text into a file and uploads it into Vault server didn´t work, cause it was called from an untrusted source from outside. The file check-in wasn´t possible. The server simply refused the connection to the Vault and returned the "Cannot get OAuthServer discovery document." error message. 

I temporary allowed not trusted certificates directly within the C# Method that checks-in the file. This way the final file upload worked.

This one is an interesting topic. There are a lot of situations were a REST call can fail, simply because of basic IT infrastructure challenges.

Angela