Facing issue while logging into ARAS Innovator 12 - Ambiguous error protected

オフライン

Hi Team,

I have installed ARAS Innovator 12 on my windows 10 laptop.

Facing below issue as attached in screenshot.

Tried to make innovator and innovator_regular as db_creator in Server Security Logins as per blog in ARAS community

https://community.aras.com/f/getting-started/6241/ambiguous-error-missing-columns/3383#3383

But after this, I am getting IIS 403.18 forbidden error and login page is not at all loading. So reverted changes and I was able to get login page.

Could you please help me in resolving this issue.

This is second time I am installing ARAS Innovator, first time faced license key issue and invalid object name locale issue while logging in, but now they are resolved.

Parents
  • Hello,

Could you confirm that you have administrative privileges on this machine? The Aras Innovator installer should do all of the configuration for the innovator and innovator_regular users without you needing to manually change any settings. Very occasionally, if a user doesn't have administrative permissions, some of this configuration can not happen, but that's a rare circumstance.

Could you try restarting both IIS and SQL Server? This will help make sure you're not running into any caching issues.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi Christopher,

I have restarted IIS and SQL server, but it did not work.

Should I have to run Innovator setup.exe as Run as Administrator?

I just clicked on install.

I have deleted previously installed InnovatorSolutions Database in my SQL server when I was uninstalling ARAS Innovator. So with fresh install, installer created InnovatorSolutions Database. Is this something causing any issue?

Thanks

• Hello,

You typically don't need to run the installer with the Run as Administrator option, but it wouldn't hurt to try in this case. I've seen some companies have stricter permissions on their employee's machines that can sometimes interfere with some of the configuration that the installer tries to do. That was my reasoning for checking that you had admin permissions on your machine. 

I've run into issues in the past with restoring a database that has the same name as a database I previously deleted. As a quick test, could you try installing Innovator again but choose a different name for the database? This will confirm if the error you're seeing is indeed a caching issue.

Chris

• Hi Christopher,

Tried to uninstall ARAS Innovator and reinstalled with new name to database InnovatorSolutions1.

I have admin access and it is my personal laptop.

But facing the same issue.

Is there any other way to fix this issue?

Thanks

• 0 オフライン in reply to SowmyaK

Hi Christopher,

With some changes to Windows Features, I  was able to login to Aras innovator with no error.

But screen is blank. I am not getting any icons or menus on screen. Tried to make some chrome settings as per installation guide. But nothing is working. Tried in chrome and IE.

But I am able to view source page having Aras code. 

Could you please suggest.

Thanks

• 0 オフライン in reply to SowmyaK

Hi Christopher,

With some changes to Windows Features, I  was able to login to Aras innovator with no error.

But screen is blank. I am not getting any icons or menus on screen. Tried to make some chrome settings as per installation guide. But nothing is working. Tried in chrome and IE.

But I am able to view source page having Aras code. 

Could you please suggest.

Thanks

Children