Failed to get the ItemType with ID undefined

オフライン

Am trying to approve some tasks in my inbasket. But i couldn't view a proper work item in the grid. I can see some junk numbers as work item and on click of that i get the error as 

"Failed to get the ItemType with ID undefined"

below is the complete error detail ,

-<SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
-<SOAP-ENV:Body>
-<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
  < faultcode > SOAP-ENV:Server.ItemTypeNotFoundException </ faultcode >
  < faultstring > Failed to get the ItemType with ID undefined. </ faultstring >
-<detail>
  < af:legacy_detail > Failed to get the ItemType with ID undefined. </ af:legacy_detail >
  < af:exception message =" Failed to get the ItemType with ID undefined. " type =" Aras.Server.Core.ItemTypeNotFoundException " />
 </detail>
 </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
 </SOAP-ENV:Body>
 </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
Why work item is showing a junk value? how to resolve this issue.
Actually this work item is already submitted to a workflow and it is under some state.
Am very new to Aras/Plm programming and looking forward for some help asap.
Thanks.
Bala.
Parents
  • Hi sbala,

do you have used a keyed_name for your ItemType? This way you would get a more readable version for your id. If you use a keyed_name but still get id´s for certain InBasket tasks, this could indicate the following situation:

First: When you right click on your "Work Item" and select "Complete Task", will this start the vote dialog? Can you vote successfully?

Your error message and the shown id (=missing keyed_name!) may indicate, that the actual Process Item (e.g. Express ECO) was deleted. In this case the used Workflow will not be deleted and remain. So you still should be able to vote, while the top item is not available anymore. 

But that´s just a theory.

• 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Thanks for your response.

Actually am not sure that i understood your first question.

My answer is yes i can see the keyed_name for the InBasket item in my workflow process table. All items were in Active state.

"First: When you right click on your "Work Item" and select "Complete Task", will this start the vote dialog? Can you vote successfully?"

I tried to vote and complete the task. But it says that am not in the approval group to approve the task. Then i added myself in that group and tried to vote. 

Refreshed the InBasket with my own login and found the Work Items as Restricted. Still i could able to open the vote dialog.

but couldn't successfully vote because this time i received 'Not a single item " error message. And couldn't proceed further.

I verified the parts and related parts/CADs/ECO used in that item. All are pretty much available in PLM.

What does that Error mean. How do i troubleshoot that error. What needs to be checked and corrected to fix the error.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

• 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Thanks for your response.

Actually am not sure that i understood your first question.

My answer is yes i can see the keyed_name for the InBasket item in my workflow process table. All items were in Active state.

"First: When you right click on your "Work Item" and select "Complete Task", will this start the vote dialog? Can you vote successfully?"

I tried to vote and complete the task. But it says that am not in the approval group to approve the task. Then i added myself in that group and tried to vote. 

Refreshed the InBasket with my own login and found the Work Items as Restricted. Still i could able to open the vote dialog.

but couldn't successfully vote because this time i received 'Not a single item " error message. And couldn't proceed further.

I verified the parts and related parts/CADs/ECO used in that item. All are pretty much available in PLM.

What does that Error mean. How do i troubleshoot that error. What needs to be checked and corrected to fix the error.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Children
No Data