How to allow to release a part that was released in the past time and is preliminary now in ECO?

Hi Expert,

Would you help one thing?

Scenario is like this.
A part was released in the past time.
And for some reason, the state of a part is changed to Preliminary again by admin right.
Afterwards, a user changed the information in that part and try to raise a ECO. 
Then, ARAS shows the message below:
"The New Number field must contain an item that has never been released when Action is set to 'Release'. Part '*****' was previously released."

In ECO, we'd like to allow to release a part that was released in the past time and is preliminary now, how can it be possible?

I tried to search a method that has this function. But, I couldn't find it. 

Would you please help how do this?

Thank you so much for your help in advance. 

Joseph

• Hi Joseph

There are multiple ways to resolve this issue.

Expected Behavior

• When the part is in Preliminary state (not released earlier) then action should be release and new number field should be filled. 
    • When the part is in Released state (released already) then action should be revise and new number field should point to new version of this part and old number should have earlier released revision of this part

Reason for this weird case

• Part is already in some other ECO and moved to Preliminary state and removed from that ECO
    • Part is released in ECO and manually promoted to Preliminary state (Using ARAS PLM role)

Solution Proposal

Solution 1:

• Manually add the old number and new number in ECO and set action to revise
    • Create ECO and in affected item new number add the preliminary state of this part and in old number add In Change state of this part
    • Set action to revise
    • Do Sign Off and release

Solution 2:

• Search the part which is in Preliminary state
    • Right click and select Purge this version (part will be in Released state now)
    • Right click on this part and select Add item(s) to change
    • Do Sign Off and release

Thank You

Gopikrishan R

• Hi Gopikrishan, 

Thank you so much for your help. 

I hope that you are healthy in the pandemic situation. 

Thank you again.