Is it possible to use the System Event Log for logging custom events?

Hi community,

the system event log by default is configured so we can track successful and failed login attempts. I wonder if we can also use the log to track other events of interest?

E.g. I have a few C# Methods where I want to track when and how often the Methods fails.

I have added a custom SystemEvent type for "MethodFailed". But when I use the following code, I will get the following error message: "Requested value "MethodFailed" was not found.

CCO.SystemEventLogger.CreateSystemLogRecord("MethodFailed","Method_doSomething",inn.getUserID(),"Method xy failed, value z invalid" );

This line of code in a C# Method only works, when I use one of the standard OOTB system events:

CCO.SystemEventLogger.CreateSystemLogRecord("SuccessfulLogin","Method_doSomething",inn.getUserID(),"Method xy failed, value z invalid" );

Is it possible to use own system events types at all? If yes, where do I have to add my custom event type?

Or maybe someone know some other log options? I don´t want to build a separate ItemType for this use case. The System Event log would fit very well, cause it is checked and cleared on a regular basis anyway.

Would be cool if somebody has an idea how to solve this one!

Parents Reply Children
No Data