How to rollback to older revision of a component?

I have an assembly A at Revision 03.

It has a component B at revision 04.

Since we have floating behavior, B-04 reports to A-03.

But we are rolling back component B to rev 01.

So, question is how to make B-01 show up in A-03 or A-04 if we do ECO?

Parents
  • Hi Rajendra,

I assume you use the Express ECO. Is your Express ECO still In 'In Work' or already finished? Unfortunately the standard Express ECO don´t come up with a rollback feature. There are partner mods available for this one or you can also to it by yourself. 

A not very pretty but working solution is to manipulate the Affected Items inside the Express ECO so they will link to the correct Part revisions. Be aware that it´s a risky solution, cause you have to take care that your Express ECO still works in the end (e.g. item states have to be correct, etc.).

• Thanks Angelalp. We are using Simple ECO not the Express one. 

No, have not started an ECO for that yet. Just trying to understand the options.

So, are you saying there is a way to manually manipulate the affected items on Express ECO for this use case? Is it out of the box or needs any customization?

• I have to admit that I am not very familiar with the Simple ECO. You normally plan an ECO and if any thing is planned correct people can perform the change.

People have to understand this one. A ECO review e.g. is more than just click the vote button. And the data in your PLM have to be correct and up-to-date. A rollback only is necessary, when the ECO was based on wrong data - or if people weren´t paying attention.

In our case we deactivated the default float behaviour of Parts to have more control over the change itself. Change Management isn´t an easy topic. Each company will have it´s own little challenges to solve.

I think you best option is to set up a test instance and test the various situations.

• I have to admit that I am not very familiar with the Simple ECO. You normally plan an ECO and if any thing is planned correct people can perform the change.

People have to understand this one. A ECO review e.g. is more than just click the vote button. And the data in your PLM have to be correct and up-to-date. A rollback only is necessary, when the ECO was based on wrong data - or if people weren´t paying attention.

In our case we deactivated the default float behaviour of Parts to have more control over the change itself. Change Management isn´t an easy topic. Each company will have it´s own little challenges to solve.

I think you best option is to set up a test instance and test the various situations.

Children
No Data