Desktop Notification

オフライン

Is it possible to implement Desktop Notification in Aras?

Scenario is.

If  user is doing workflow activity sign off. Once it is completed desktop notification (alternative to email notifications)  should display to next activity user without using refresh or redirect.

Regards,

Suhas

• Hi Suhas,

that´s a cool idea! I don´t know if standard Innovator right know offers us a ready to use push service worker for client events. I assume the InnovatorService will only support C# Methods. There are JS apis available for push functionality (e.g. Push API). However I am not familiar with these.

• Hi Angela, Hi Suhas,

I think you've hit the nail on the head. While it would be possible to use the JavaScript API to send a push notification, this would only be possible while the user actively had a session open, and only based on actions the users themselves would run. The kind of service worker needed to handle this kind of event from the server to the client doesn't exist in Innovator at the moment.

I agree that it is a cool idea though. I can add this to the Labs backlog of topics to investigate. If either of you want to take a crack at this yourself in the meantime, please feel free to respond back here with any progress or insights you find. :) 

Chris

• Hello Chris,

I agree with you, through Javascript API it's possible to send push notification (If user session is in active state).  Problem is only service worker thread need to send or hit client side event.

One possibility is we can achieve it through SignalR, if we implement Signar in Aras. SignalR is one of the .Net component. Through SignalR hub (server side) we can send notification to SIgnalR client(client side). And client side with the help of Javascript API we can send push notification.

Regards,

Suhas

• Maybe combine it with these self-named "Beautiful Growl Notifications" Slight smile

https://www.cssscript.com/demo/beautiful-growl-notification/