Customize Advance Search on Form

オフライン

Hi Experts,

I am looking for customizing the advance search window on the item form. In Aras for main grid and relationship we have the "Advance Search" option and according to the criteria it shows the result. 

What i am trying to do is, create the HTML control on the form and show the Advance search future on the form. I will select the criteria on the form and on click of search the result will be added in the relationship tab of same item.

I tried many things to do this but not successful yet.

Anyone have idea about it?

Thanks in advance.

Parents Reply Children
  • 0 オフライン in reply to Aaba

Hi Aaba,

Would it satisfy your requirements to instead save the search criteria using the favorite functionality as described in this blog post? Part of the built-in functionality of favoriting searches is the ability to share a search, so you can easily share the results with the other team in this case. If you later want to programmatically apply the search results, it looks like there's an API call you can use to load in a favorited search (see the Method cui_common_favoritesearch_click for an example).

Chris

• 0 オフライン in reply to Christopher Gillis

Dear Chris, Is there any documentation on how to use the Experimental grid or do you know how to use it? I am planning to use that grid for search parameters and generate the query in customized way.

Thanks You.

• 0 オフライン in reply to Aaba

Hi Aaba,

After reading through this question again, I think I understand what you're trying to do. Instead of embedding the advanced search grid in the Form, I'd recommend adding a button that launches a search dialog. When the user makes their selection and returns from this dialog, you can then add the results as relationships.There's some sample code for how to launch a search dialog from a method in this blog post

Search dialogs are both easier to use and are more widely used, so I'd recommend taking this approach since you can find a lot of existing sample code.

Chris