Is it possible to use make a ACE OLEDB connection from a server Method?

Hi community,

I want to connector to an OLEDB provider via server Method for loading Excel content into Innovator. (I cannot use the batch loader for my use case).

The basic connection is done like this:

OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source="+filename+";Extended Properties=Excel 8.0");
con.Open();

I have added the necessary oledb using directive to the method_config.xml in the codetree, so the basic syntax should be correct. But when I run the Method I will get the following error message:

"The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB' provider is not registered on the local machine"

This is a typcial oledb related error message. There are tons of related threads in the internet. This one normally indicates a missing or wrong redistributable. The server itself doesn´t contain Microsoft Office, but I have installed the necessary AccessDatabaseEngine redistrbutable package. 
And the same code works when run it from a independent visual studio project, which I assume uses the same engine.

Are there some specific settings required, when we want to use oledb ACE or JET connections directly within Innovator?

Thanks for any hint!

Parents Reply Children