Does anyone have experience coding for Aras Innovator in C#?

I've been asked to program scripts for this PLM system atm usps tracking  work recently, and I'm just looking for tips on programming for it, and exactly what kind of stuff I can do for it (ie can I do any visual C# coding for it). Any good website links would help too.
I'm fairly new to C# in general, and currently am 2 years into a Computer Science college course which for showbox the most part focuses in Java speed test and some C, so I apologize in advance if I make rookie mistakes in responses >_< or tend to miss the obvious as I often do.

• Hi Steve!

The best place to start would be the programmer's guide for Aras, which can be found here. It obviously assumes that you have experience in C# programming, but you don't really need all that much to understand the main concepts and ideas.
    A good way to learn - or at least it was one for me - is also to simply create a new Method in Innovator under Adminisatrion/Methods and mess around with it. Make sure to set the method to "Server-Side" and then just start playing around with it (in a test database, of course). You can test what your method does using the three dots on the Method Form (Innovator 12) and clicking "Run Server Method".
    For debugging purposes this blog post can get you started.

Once you are comfortable enough with the basic concepts of developing for Aras Innovator, you can look at stuff like Visual Studio integration and implement your logic in a more structured way.

Should your learning give rise to more, more specific questions that you cannot find the answer for, simply make another forum post and I'm sure you will be helped :).

Happy learning,

C