How can i make a String Data type property searchable?

I want to be able to input an external auditor (not on the system) just as text on my form, but also be able to search the internal auditors datasource from the same textbox to add that auditor just as text.

My property's data type is a String

Parents
  • Hello,

If I'm understanding the use case right, I don't think this is possible with any of the default fields available from a Form. However, using some custom HTML inside an HTML field, you should be able to get something like this working. You can see this Stack Overflow post for an example of a dropdown that also lets users enter in a value that's not in the list.

Taking this approach, you will need to handle a few things manually. You'll need to have some code populate the dropdown with the existing auditors in your database as well as have an onChange event actually set the value entered on the parent item. You can do this pretty easily with handleItemChange("your_property_name", "Your Property Value"); .

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

If I'm understanding the use case right, I don't think this is possible with any of the default fields available from a Form. However, using some custom HTML inside an HTML field, you should be able to get something like this working. You can see this Stack Overflow post for an example of a dropdown that also lets users enter in a value that's not in the list.

Taking this approach, you will need to handle a few things manually. You'll need to have some code populate the dropdown with the existing auditors in your database as well as have an onChange event actually set the value entered on the parent item. You can do this pretty easily with handleItemChange("your_property_name", "Your Property Value"); .

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children
No Data