I'm searching for a solution capable of displaying automatically properties from an ItemType in a Form from another ItemType, with an ID that creates a link between them.
I have an item linked to a form and I have a second item with some properties. I want to populate one field of the first form with the data of the second item. This field corresponds to a certain property of the first item.
To highlight my problem there is an example.
The first Item is called “student_info”. . The other properties don't matter for my problem.
- ItemType, Name = “student_info”
1) "student_name", DataType = "Text",
2) "student_class", DataType = "String",
3) "exam_1", DataType = "String"
4) "exam_2", DataType = "String"
5) “id”, DataType = "Item", Data Source = "student_info".
In my form “student_info”, I have a field where I want to display all the exams that a student has passed.
All the exams infos come from the second item. This ItemType is called "exam". It has 5 importants properties :
- ItemType, Name = “exam”
1) "exam_name", DataType = "String",
2) "exam_descrption", DataType = "String",
3) "exam_discipline", DataType = "List", Data Source = "Discipline",
4) "exam_monitor", DataType = "List", Data Source = "Monitor",
5) “id”, DataType = "Item", Data Source = "exams".
I succeeded in changing the “id” with the “exam_name” thanks to another question on this forum !
Each student has passed a different exam. And each exam can be passed by a different student.
So, in my “student_info” form, I have created a HTML Field with an id included in a div. The id is linked to a method called “load_exam” that displays all the exams the student has passed.
BUT for the moment, I need to add manually via a Relationship that I create between the ItemType “student_info” and the ItemType “exam”. To add the exam I need to go in the edit view of the ItemType “student_info” and in the tab called “Add Exam”. And after in a dialog box I choose the right exam.
Now I want to find a solution that automatically displays the list of exams for each student. In fact if I fill the properties “exam_1” and “exam_2” with the exam name, that corresponds exactly to the “exam_name” property. I want to have the list of exams in the HTML Field of the “student_info” Form.
Thanks for reading, I hope you can understand my problem and help me to solve it !