How to disable the Lock button using a method during a Form OnLoad event

So here is my scenario...

We are going to have users maintaining some Lists in Aras but we only want the user to be able to edit their lists and only their lists based on identity of the user logged in.

For example:

I could have the lists:    "Available Design Materials" and "Design Shapes"

and the identities: "Metal Work Management" and "Design Department Administration"

Lets say "Available Design Materials" belongs to "Metal Work Management" and the list "Design Shapes" belongs to "Design Department Administration"

If a member of the identity "Metal Work Management" is logged in they can add or remove values from the list "Available Design Materials" but they can not edit "Design Shapes" while the identity "Design Department Administration" can edit the list "Design Shapes" but not the list "Available Design Materials".  The way I'm purposing controlling this is to add a relationship to the List itemtype called Can Edit that connects to the Identity itemtype when the list form loads I want to read the Can Edit relationship and see what identities have access to edit this particular list and if the user is not part of one of those identities disable the lock button as though the user only has view permissions on the List itemtype. So far I am able to flip through my relationship and return a true/false depending if the user is apart of the identities in the Can Edit relationship but I cannot figure out how to see the toolbar buttons from the method or how to disable the lock button.