How do update item in Dom after server Method changed values of a Form dropdown

Hi community,

hope somebody can help me on this one. I have a Form with a button that shall allow users to add additional values to the dropdown list. The button Client Method calls a 2nd Server Method that takes care for updating the List that is used in the dropdown. Used Innovator version is 12SP3, but I think my described scenario fits to most Innovator versions. 

The List update on server side works without any problems. The List will contain the new values on database level. But I am not able to update/refresh the dropdown list in the Form. Users still see the previous content. If users want to see the new updated List, they have to delete their browser cache completely. Neither the refresh button or reopening the item will make the additional list content visible. The only way the list will be updated without deleting the browser cache is when I manually save the List item again.

How can I solve this one? I assume I will need to use  aras.isDirtyEx or something similar. But I haven´t found much code samples on this one. Any ideas how to do this?

Angela

Parents
  • Hi,

it finally turned out, that my wonderful idea is not possible at all. Regarding to Aras there is some kind of restriction in the caching mechanism, so it´s right now not possible to do this kind of customization with standard Methods. This also explains why we haven´t seen any solution for this use case so far. As far as I remember, adding values to a drop down within the Form is a common request. Maybe it will be possible in a couple of years :).

• Hi,

it finally turned out, that my wonderful idea is not possible at all. Regarding to Aras there is some kind of restriction in the caching mechanism, so it´s right now not possible to do this kind of customization with standard Methods. This also explains why we haven´t seen any solution for this use case so far. As far as I remember, adding values to a drop down within the Form is a common request. Maybe it will be possible in a couple of years :).

Children