Hi all ,
Please how to Implement a method that calls a method in a DLL?
Below is the link for how to create DLL in VS:
1. Copy the calculation.dll in server bin folder e.g.(C:\Program…
In which .net framework version you compiled your dll?
Please make sure your dll should be compiled in .net framework 4.0.
1. Create your own dll using ClassLibrary application with the help of VS.
2. Copy your dll into Server bin folder e.g.(C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\Server\bin).
3. Register your dll in method-config.xml file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\Server)
4. Create your own method in aras and in that method create object of dll class and call your method by using newly created object.
Thanks and regards,
i created method in visuel studio connected the database Oracle this method connect get data from table :
private void button4_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
OracleConnection conn = new OracleConnection("DATA SOURCE=localhost:1521/orcl;USER ID=SYSTEM;password=khouloud");
OracleCommand cmd = new OracleCommand();
cmd.Connection = conn;
cmd.CommandText = "Select currentstate from xtransfer where articlenumber=15";
OracleDataReader dr = cmd.ExecuteReader();
textBox3.Text = dr.GetString(0);
catch (Exception ex)
* the project work fine with database
* i build the project and i configure the DLL
* i need method aras c# that get this data from the database oracle using this DLL! if it is possible I don't know .
* if you have another idea to get data from oracle data base please tell me .
I seen your code and it is windows forms application. You can't inject Windows Form Application in Aras because Aras is web application(asp application) instead of windows forms application create Class library Project.
Create one method in your class library as shown in below screen shot
Compile your project. OracleDBConnection dll will create.
1. Copy the OracleDBConnection dll in server bin folder e.g.(C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\Server\bin).
Register your dll in method-config.xml file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\Server)
1. Open method-config.xml file :
2. Add your dll the namespace under <ReferencedAssemblies> xml tag
3. Add your dll reference in <Template name="CSharp">
4. Create your method in Aras and call your dll method from aras method.
If you have any doubt in this then please refer my second comments which is mention for calculation.dll
It is possible in Aras to connect with Oracle database without creating DLL also.
1. Register System.Data.OracleClient dll in aras. (I already mention how to register dll in Aras)
2. Create server side method in Aras and write your connection code.