Multilevel BOM Report hyperlinks

How can I add hyperlinks to the Multilevel BOM report so that the Part Numbers in the table are clickable links that would open that part in another tab? 

Parents Reply Children
  • Sure, its a bit complicated to explain but I'll do my best.  

I implemented PLM's existing ability to create a link to an ItemType. For example in a part record, if you navigate to the top task-bar and select File > Properties > Copy Link. This is a shareable link that can be sent to someone that opens that ItemType in another PLM tab. For a part this link ends in:

/?StartItem=Part:2C04A166013F4A819CC2EA7C829DEC32. 

Additionally, this link opens another browser tab to let the user know that the link worked, and that was messing things up in PLM. To overcome that, I created an iframe as such:

<iframe src="javascript.html" width="0" height="0" tabindex="-1" title="empty" class="hidden" name="iframe_Part"/> 

Then I hid the iframe with the following CSS:

iframe.hidden {display:none}

To implement this in the stylesheet, I replaced the following line:

<xsl:value-of select="item_number"/>

With this <a> element:

<a href="URL_BEFORE_FORWARD_SLASH/?StartItem=Part:{id}" target="iframe_Part"> <xsl:value-of select="item_number"/></a>. 

Just be cautious when using this link. If your hyperlink is a one derived from a part record, it will not open a CAD or Document, those have different links that look like the following, respectively:

URL_BEFORE_FORWARD_SLASH/?StartItem=CAD:{id}

URL_BEFORE_FORWARD_SLASH/?StartItem=Document:{id}

Also, I said URL_BEFORE_FORWARD_SLASH because this would vary from company to company. 

I hope this helps. Thanks!