Printing Aras forms in 11SP15

Good morning all, I have an Aras form for non-conforming material that needs to be printed in order to travel with the bad part. I already have the separate form designed with view type=print, but i'm looking for documentation on additional configuration options, such as:

1. The Printable View action (File/Printable View, Toolbar Print icon) displays a preview popup window and then downloads a PDF. Is this the only option? Can I send the print job to my default printer instead?

2. The Printable View appears to be oriented in Landscape regardless of the dimensions I set on the form. When I print the PDF (even with my printer set to Portrait), the form prints in Landscape. Is there a way to change this?

3. Is there a way to call an item form to be printed programmatically?

Thanks,

Paul S

Parents
  • Hi Paul,

interesting use case. Is it important for you that you exactly print the Form look&feel? I am not sure if you can really trigger your printer inside from Innovator. 

One option to improve styling would be to pass your content to a report that you can then export to pdf. This one depends a little bit on the report services that are available in your system (SSRS, Self-Service, XSLT). But for 11SP15 XSLT reports don´t offer pdf print option.

Maybe you can also generate a dynamic techdoc and publish this one to pdf.

Angela

• Hi Paul,

interesting use case. Is it important for you that you exactly print the Form look&feel? I am not sure if you can really trigger your printer inside from Innovator. 

One option to improve styling would be to pass your content to a report that you can then export to pdf. This one depends a little bit on the report services that are available in your system (SSRS, Self-Service, XSLT). But for 11SP15 XSLT reports don´t offer pdf print option.

Maybe you can also generate a dynamic techdoc and publish this one to pdf.

Angela

Children
  • Hi Angela, thanks for the reply. No, getting the exact look and feel of the Aras form is not important. I need a 'printable version' of a form to print after a user promotes an item to a particular state. Right now, they'd have to promote it, then File/Printable View, open the PDF that Aras downloads, and print that manually. Hoping there's a better way.

I have a report server set up and use SSRS a lot already. It would improve the styling piece, but I was unsure how to tie the SSRS report generation & physical printing to the Aras item state change, without forcing the user to leave Aras and go to the Report Server.