Include relationship when exporting ItemType?

Why aren't my RelationshipTypes on my custom ItemType exported when I run Aras's export.exe program? It renders it useless if it doesn't include *everything*.

Parents
  • Hi Tottenham,

Are you attempting to export both the RelationshipType item as well as the ItemType item for the same relationship? Attempting to export/import both of these will result in a redundancy in the target system. From my experience, exporting only the RelationshipType will accomplish the goal you're trying to achieve. All of the data stored within the relationship ItemType is stored within the XML for the RelationshipType item which is created upon export. Upon import the tool will create both Items which should be configured properly.

AJ

• Hi Tottenham,

Are you attempting to export both the RelationshipType item as well as the ItemType item for the same relationship? Attempting to export/import both of these will result in a redundancy in the target system. From my experience, exporting only the RelationshipType will accomplish the goal you're trying to achieve. All of the data stored within the relationship ItemType is stored within the XML for the RelationshipType item which is created upon export. Upon import the tool will create both Items which should be configured properly.

AJ

Children