How to disable Promote option from the toolbar in Aras 11SP12 for custom Itemtype?

Hello All,

I need to disable the OOTB promote option available on the Item, I dont want users to use that option and promote ot even Admin users.

Please let me know how to disable that option, I have seen this behaviour in Part Itemtype, let me know how it is configurable.

Thanks in Advance,

Mithun

Parents
  • Hi Mithun,

who is able to promote item instances of your ItemType depends on the LifeCycle(s) associated with that ItemType. If you modify your LifeCycle so that all transitions can only be triggered by "Aras PLM", then no user will be able to manually click "Promote" and promote your item instances. If you have the Aras PLM package installed, you can check out the "ECN" Life Cycle Map, that one is set up just like I described above:

Hope this helps,

C

• Hi Mithun,

who is able to promote item instances of your ItemType depends on the LifeCycle(s) associated with that ItemType. If you modify your LifeCycle so that all transitions can only be triggered by "Aras PLM", then no user will be able to manually click "Promote" and promote your item instances. If you have the Aras PLM package installed, you can check out the "ECN" Life Cycle Map, that one is set up just like I described above:

Hope this helps,

C

Children