How to set Default value thru office connector

オフライン

Hi,

I have to set default value for some of the properties thru office connector, I tried in "MSO_SaveDocument" this method, but value is not getting set on document. (I don't want to map this property with office connector).

itemToSave.setProperty("name","Auto Generated");
itemToSave.setProperty("language","en");

itemToSave = itemToSave.apply();

Is there any other approach.

Regards,

Maddy.

Parents
  • Hi Maddy,

You have a couple options. If you don't want the property to be mapped through the office connector, you can delete that relationship from the Document Type in the Office Connector preferences in Innovator. This will leave the property empty when the item is created through the connector.

If you're looking to have a default value, this can be set on the property itself by following the steps below.

1. Login as an administrator
    2. Navigate to TOC > Administration > ItemTypes
    3. Search for the ItemType that is getting created
      1. Document would be the default ItemType for the Office Connector
    4. In the Properties relationship tab, find the desired property
    5. In the Default Value column, set the value you want this property to default to.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi Maddy,

You have a couple options. If you don't want the property to be mapped through the office connector, you can delete that relationship from the Document Type in the Office Connector preferences in Innovator. This will leave the property empty when the item is created through the connector.

If you're looking to have a default value, this can be set on the property itself by following the steps below.

1. Login as an administrator
    2. Navigate to TOC > Administration > ItemTypes
    3. Search for the ItemType that is getting created
      1. Document would be the default ItemType for the Office Connector
    4. In the Properties relationship tab, find the desired property
    5. In the Default Value column, set the value you want this property to default to.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children