Modified Multilevel BOM Report

Hello,

I have modified the existing multilevel BOM report to get all the levels of the BOM. The OOTB feature only lets you fecth till the 5th level.

I have modified the existing report to fetch till 18th level which was my initial requirement, this part is hardcoded and I want to make it dynamic.

Please advice me on this topic.

Just to gave a background, I have increased the indenture level in the Report stylesheet to 18 and made other changes accordingly, please let me know if this can be done dynamically.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Mithun

Parents
  • Hi Mithun,

The GetItemRepeatConfig function that the Multilevel BOM Report uses accepts an attribute on the relationship called repeatTimes. The value of this attribute indicates how many levels down the query should return (this is 6 by default in my database). You can also set the value of this attribute to 0 which will return all levels.

I believe this is the only change that should be needed as the Stylesheet should be written generically to handle many different levels of a BOM structure. That being said, I don't have a large enough data set in any of my test instances to verify this. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello Chris,

awaiting for you answers on the query below.

Is there any way to check Indenture level for BOM structure through query which can use to create report or using the OOTB report, is there any way to automate the identure levels for different assemblies with varying BOM levels.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Mithun

Reply Children
  • Hi Mithun,

I took another look at the stylesheet of the multilevel BOM report, and it seems I had forgotten about the hard-coded indenture levels. 

I'm not aware of an easy way to automate this indenture level; however, I'm also not very familiar with XSLT which is what the stylesheet is written in. It's possible that the XSLT language supports some way to count the number of levels of the item coming in and use that result to dynamically set the indenture levels.

Chris

• Thanks Chris for the quick response, if you have some sample about the XSLT that you mentioned can you please share that and one more thing is it possible to have the Export to Excel functionality on the BOM structure tab itself, I have seen this feature on Aras 12 but we are using aras 11 SP12. I had reached out to Aras support regarding this, they didn't had a specific patch for that. My question is would it possible to use the OOTB export to excel feature and add up to the BOM strutcture tab, this will also help my requirement.

Please advise.

Thanks, 

Mithun

• I don't have any samples of the XSLT myself, but there's a lot of resources available online.

In regards to your second question, it would require significant effort to backport that functionality from 12.0 to 11.0. If you want to attempt this, I'd recommend posting another question in the Development forums to see if anyone else in the community has tried something like this.

Chris