Display DataType Item as Dropdown list in Forms

Hi community,

does somebody knows a way to display the DataType 'Item' like a List dropdown?

I currently modify a change process and want to use a team dropdown instead of the current team item selector. Of course I can define a separate list for my teams and use this one for my dropdown. The selected team from the dropdown could than be used as team_id.

But this would require that my teams are duplicated. I have to maintain teams in the List and the Team ItemType. For teams this still would be ok, but I want to do something similar for Identities. 

Any ideas?

Angela

Parents
  • Hi Chris,

thanks for the detailed answer! I was out of office last week and didn´t had the chance to test it.

Your code is a pretty cool replacement for the regular team item selector. The drop down works excellent in combination with the team_id data source. 

Displaying all teams in the drop down is fine, but maybe not the best choice for every ItemType (too much content...). But one very good use case is when we want to dynamically filter the drop down without a separate filter list.

I think I will do the following: The ItemType Team is not a Core Item. We can use the classification property in the Team ItemType to assign some additional information about the teams. So we can assign a suitable filter property directly to Teams and can avoid the Filter List with the same content.

• Hi Chris,

thanks for the detailed answer! I was out of office last week and didn´t had the chance to test it.

Your code is a pretty cool replacement for the regular team item selector. The drop down works excellent in combination with the team_id data source. 

Displaying all teams in the drop down is fine, but maybe not the best choice for every ItemType (too much content...). But one very good use case is when we want to dynamically filter the drop down without a separate filter list.

I think I will do the following: The ItemType Team is not a Core Item. We can use the classification property in the Team ItemType to assign some additional information about the teams. So we can assign a suitable filter property directly to Teams and can avoid the Filter List with the same content.

Children
No Data