MPP with multiple Itemtypes

オフライン

Hello,

I have a use case where I wanted to be able to use the MPP module to create process plans for more than one itemtype, ex. some process plans are based on parts and some are based on another itemtype. Is this possible? I know that you can use a custom itemtype instead of parts but as far as I understand it, you replace parts with your custom itemtype as the produced object of the process plan. Can you have multiple options at the same time?

Regards

Rick

Parents
  • Hi Rick,

Could you elaborate on your use case for wanting to use multiple ItemTypes at once with MPP? I haven't previously been aware of a customer using both the standard Part ItemType and a custom ItemType to represent BOM data. However, I can pass along the use case to one of our Project Managers to consider for future development of MPP. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi Rick,

Could you elaborate on your use case for wanting to use multiple ItemTypes at once with MPP? I haven't previously been aware of a customer using both the standard Part ItemType and a custom ItemType to represent BOM data. However, I can pass along the use case to one of our Project Managers to consider for future development of MPP. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children