How to add History using a custom method?

I want to log in History when a specific "Action" is performed on a "Part" . I try to do this by adding to the "History" table. I do get a response that the record is added, However, I do not see a record in the database, neither visible in the History View. I try to do this by invoking "History Daemon" identity.

How can i achieve this in Aras?

<AML>
<Item action='add' type='History'>
<action>Special Action</action>
<source_id>#######ITEM HISTORY CONTAINER ID#############/source_id>
<comments>Attempted Special Action</comments>
<item_id>#######ITEM ID##############</item_id>
</Item>
</AML>

Parents
  • I don´t want to take over this thread, but I have made a quick test today and maybe this helps. I want to create a generic Method that I can reuse in various other Methods to track certain events. E.g. I want to track when user started certain tasks from Form elements or Actions. 

This one worked for me. Record is visible in History view. Used Innovator version is 11SP15.

<Removed by author. Code available via PM for end users. >

Remarks: 

- When I added the 'Super User' or 'Aras PLM' to the 'History Daemon' identity, I still wasn´t able to add a new History entry. I finally decided to directly use the History Daemon.
    DateTime.UtcNow.Ticks.ToString() that I used for created_on_tick is based on an Aras code sample (Method 'VC_PopulateAndAddSecureMessage')
    - There are still some properties missing. The current sample doesn´t set the revision properties that are used in the History

I wonder if the same can be achieved more easily. Writing a history entry is no exotic task. Isn´t there some Aras Method available that we can reuse?

• Hi Angelalp,

thanks for the code. I agree this should be a standard API function. Indeed, we also get customers requests to make some important action visible in the history, which not necessarily is a standard action.

Best regards,

Raoul

• BTW, in your code you push the type name (getType()) into the itemtype_id which obviously does not work. Luckily, you don't need the type to get the history container (id should be unique). So when you just omit this in the search, the code works.

Reply Children