How to "Enable for Secure Social" on relationship without related item

Hi,

In my data model, I have a relationship without related item.
I did that to delete automatically this object when the parent is deleted.

Now, I would like to enable Secure Social on this relationship but the button is disabled.
I'm able to do it on normal ItemTypes but not on relationship.

Is it normal?
Is there a way to enable it?

In advance, thank you for your support.
Regards.

Parents
  • Hi Miraks,

It appears that Secure Social cannot be configured on an ItemType which is marked as a relationship. Since you are creating a null relationship, there's no way to actually enable Secure Social on the related item, because it doesn't exist. 

I believe you have two options. One is to just leave Secure Social enabled on the parent ItemType, since there's no child item for you to enable it on. The other option would be to change the null relationship to a real relationship with a custom ItemType, and enable Secure Social on that child ItemType. In addition to this, you could add a custom OnDelete events. These could be configured to delete any child items upon deletion of the parent item.

AJ

• Hi Miraks,

It appears that Secure Social cannot be configured on an ItemType which is marked as a relationship. Since you are creating a null relationship, there's no way to actually enable Secure Social on the related item, because it doesn't exist. 

I believe you have two options. One is to just leave Secure Social enabled on the parent ItemType, since there's no child item for you to enable it on. The other option would be to change the null relationship to a real relationship with a custom ItemType, and enable Secure Social on that child ItemType. In addition to this, you could add a custom OnDelete events. These could be configured to delete any child items upon deletion of the parent item.

AJ

Children