How to close relationship search dialog box dynamically?

Hi Team,

I have custom result binding code on 'OnSearch' event. On return of result if it is true it works fine but on false I want to close search dialog box that appear in relationship on click of pick related dynamically. 

I tried following method but it is not working.

parent.dialog.close();

Any one can please help how to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav

Parents
  • Hi Gaurav,

your problem sounds quite interesting. Unfortunately, I don't quite understand it completely. Could you provide some more details about your setup, please? Do you have a client event onClick of the "Pick related" button in the standard relationship grid? Could you share/explain some of the code that you implemented, as well?

If you opened the search dialogue with custom code (and with some onSearchDialog event from a sourcePropertyName parameter that contains your business logic) it should be straightforward to close that window in your custom code as well. Seeing as you have this problem, I assume your setup is different, which is why I'm asking :).

Cheers,

C

• 0 オフライン in reply to cogres

Hi Cogres,

Senario:

I am using aras innovator 11 SP 12. I have Itemtype A and Itemtype B. Created relationship of Itemtype A in Itemtype B. In related_id property of relationship Itemtype I have wrote one client method for "OnSearchDialog" event. Method is totally running fine. Now I have to put one validation, on satisfying false condition I want to close Search Dialog box dynamically through code. I have tried following different option to close Dialog but it is not working 

1.)  parent.dialog.close();

2.) this.args.dialog.close();

Following is my method that check and validate condition and execute code

----Method Code(Client Side)----

bool Result = false; //this is getting initialized dynamically. Currently assuming it has false value

If(Result)

{

//Do Something

}

else

{

close(); //Need to close Search dialog box on satisfying false condition. Tried above options too.

}

• Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the clarification!

Since you did not open the dialog from your own custom code, closing it might be a bit trickier. I've played around with it a little bit, but the only thing I found was the kind of hacky

document.getElementsByTagName("dialog")[0].close();

It worked for me in a setup similar to yours (note: I tested this on Innovator 12.0). My onSearchDialog method simply contained

alert("hi");

and when clicking "Pick related", it opened the dialog, alerted "hi" and then closed the search dialog.

Obsiously this approach is not very robust, but maybe it can serve as a starting point for you? Maybe you can find a way to uniquely identify the dialog you opened in your setup (document.getElementsByTagName("dialog")[0] makes me feel kind of uneasy), but I couldn't find anything else so far.

Maybe someone else knows a more solid approach.

Cheers,

C

• Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the clarification!

Since you did not open the dialog from your own custom code, closing it might be a bit trickier. I've played around with it a little bit, but the only thing I found was the kind of hacky

It worked for me in a setup similar to yours (note: I tested this on Innovator 12.0). My onSearchDialog method simply contained

alert("hi");

and when clicking "Pick related", it opened the dialog, alerted "hi" and then closed the search dialog.

Obsiously this approach is not very robust, but maybe it can serve as a starting point for you? Maybe you can find a way to uniquely identify the dialog you opened in your setup (document.getElementsByTagName("dialog")[0] makes me feel kind of uneasy), but I couldn't find anything else so far.

Maybe someone else knows a more solid approach.

Cheers,

C

Children
No Data