How to prevent new browser window when logging in to Innovator

Hi Community,

when we login to Innovator, we will first get our login screen that than opens the Innovator application in an additional browser window. We most of the time will loose our tabbed browser view.

Is there a way to prevent the frequent opening of new windows? This behavior is probably very browser depended. I was able to prevent the additional window in Firefox with some modifications of the default:config. But didn´t succed to do the same in Chrome or IE.

Do we have to live with this behavior or are there some alternatives? Is it possible to define the login behavior in a more general way independed from the used browser?

Thanks for any ideas!

Angela

Parents
  • About 20 years ago I made a Music Theory site with an external window for navigation. It used JS and .shtml... And, I'm sure that was on Netscape browser. I'm not certain you can still do the cross-window navigation, but I'd think you could change the initial page to parent and create a relationship. You'd have to touch the source code though.

1st - Make the initial page you dial into, that subsequently causes the login pop-up send a reference back to itself.

2nd - Make the JS call that currently opens a new window talk back to the original login page.

I'd really like this behaviour. I find the v11 behaviour very Web1.0. I do like how v12 works, but there happens to be a lot of custom stuff ontop of our v11 and I still need to look at it (which brought me to this post today because, no!).

If somebody finds this and is allowed to edit their v11: https://javascript.info/cross-window-communication

• About 20 years ago I made a Music Theory site with an external window for navigation. It used JS and .shtml... And, I'm sure that was on Netscape browser. I'm not certain you can still do the cross-window navigation, but I'd think you could change the initial page to parent and create a relationship. You'd have to touch the source code though.

1st - Make the initial page you dial into, that subsequently causes the login pop-up send a reference back to itself.

2nd - Make the JS call that currently opens a new window talk back to the original login page.

I'd really like this behaviour. I find the v11 behaviour very Web1.0. I do like how v12 works, but there happens to be a lot of custom stuff ontop of our v11 and I still need to look at it (which brought me to this post today because, no!).

If somebody finds this and is allowed to edit their v11: https://javascript.info/cross-window-communication

Children
No Data