Scheduler Service Issues

オフライン

I'm trying to automate the execution of a server method, but after installing the Aras Scheduler Service and filling out the InnovatorServiceConfig file, the scheduled method does not execute. I can see InnovatorService trying to execute the method in Windows Event Viewer. It says "Method finished" in Event Viewer, but then shows the error "The last run was less than an Interval ago" and the method does not execute. I can execute the method fine and see changes in the database if I go to Actions>Run Server Method in Aras, but the attempts by the Scheduler Service make no difference to the specified database.

Parents
  • Hello dortego,
    Can I ask what you have in the <intervalMinutes> tag in you InnovatorServerConfig file? (Everything from <job> to <intervalMinutes> would help me walk through this.) That seems like the most likely source of the error listed. The interval is not how often the task runs, but how often the server should check and see if the time to run it has occurred.
    We also have a blog post here with an example that might help to compare your config file to.
    Thanks,
    Sam

• 0 オフライン in reply to Sam Poe

Thank you for your response. I kept <intervalMinutes> at 1 or 2 for all my attempts. Here's the complete InnovatorServerConfig:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <innovators>
        <innovator>
            <server>localhost/.../server>
            <database>dbName</database>
            <username>admin</username>
            <password>innovator</password>
            <http_timeout_seconds>600</http_timeout_seconds>
            <job>
                <method>a_HMS_Avail A-Days Nightly Job</method>
                <months>*</months>
                 <days>*</days>
                 <hours>*</hours>
                 <minutes>*</minutes>
            </job>
        </innovator>
        <eventLoggingLevel>2</eventLoggingLevel>
        <intervalMinutes>1</intervalMinutes>
    </innovators> 

• 0 オフライン in reply to dortego

Dortego,

I believe the issue is with the job tags above. In the current setting (with all the *s) you are telling the service to run the method, at some point, any minute of any hour of any day of any month. As you mention this is a nightly job, I would suggest setting the hours to 23, 0, or 01 (and the minutes to something like 02 to account for any timing issues). [For testing, just choose the current hour and put the minutes in the next 5 or 10, so if it's 9:30 AM, set the test at 9 hours 35 minutes.] Also, with the current setting, this method will run every day; if you want it to run only on standard business days, you should probably set days to 1,2,3,4,5 as 0 and 6 represent Sunday and Saturday, respectively (all the time-type values can be a comma-separated list, see the blog post for more information).

Let me know if that works,
    Sam

Thanks again for your response. That solved the "last run was less than an Interval ago" error that was showing up, but the changes still don't occur in the database. Not sure where the problem is.

Great. Could you check the windows event logs and see if the job is firing and if so, what is the result? Is there an error in that logging that can be checked?

There's a 'Method Finished' event with the method name and then an event that says "mpdwsvc - Initializing authorization manager with group name "PdwDataMovementAccess" and..." every time, but the method does not seem to actually run.

OK there should be more logs in the event viewer than the finished one. If you look at just lines for InnovatorService there should be at least 3 lines: one that says start, one that looks like AML, and the one that says finished. There might also be some error lines that could tell us more about what's going on. I believe the finished line is just saying that the method is done running, not that it completed successfully. Unfortunately, there isn't a more detailed logging level that the level 2 you are currently using.

OK there should be more logs in the event viewer than the finished one. If you look at just lines for InnovatorService there should be at least 3 lines: one that says start, one that looks like AML, and the one that says finished. There might also be some error lines that could tell us more about what's going on. I believe the finished line is just saying that the method is done running, not that it completed successfully. Unfortunately, there isn't a more detailed logging level that the level 2 you are currently using.

Children
No Data