How to setup system for Development Purpose

Exploring ARAS for configurations as well as customization. I would like to setup development environment for coding purpose ( WHY ? There are multiple POCs I would like to perform on my own ) . I am core java developer and new to ARAS. Can someone please guide me to get end to end setup document for my IDE such as visual studio and way to deploy code in ARAS ? 

appreciate your help.

• Hi plmlearner,

The first step is installing an innovator instance on your machine. This guide goes over how to install Aras Innovator 11.0 onto your machine. Once your instance is installed, you'll be able to customize it to your liking.

Creating custom logic within Innovator is normally achieved with Methods, which are snippets of C#, VB, or JavaScript code. The Innovator client has its own method editor, so a standalone IDE is not necessary. If you do wish to use Visual Studio, Aras has published a project which allows you to edit Aras Methods with Visual Studio. This GitHub repository contains that project. 

I'd also recommend taking a look at some of the blog posts by Aras Labs, as we've published many blogs to help people get started writing their own code within Innovator.

AJ

• Perfect ! 

Thank you for GITHUB link. This is what I was looking for. I have done installation and tried to modify couple of things using Method section.

My focus is basically to generate CSV file of BOM structure and export it to webservice