How to find the items in ARAS vault using substring

Hi ,

I have few items in ARAS vault like below...

Part1, Part2,Part3,Part_Nut, Part_Bolt..etc

I want to get all these items from ARAS vault using C# and also find these items with sub string like "Part*".

Could you please help/support me to get these items using string which starts with some sub string in C#.

Regards

Pasi

Parents
  • Hi Pase,

Since the IOM API available from C# methods really just builds AML behind the scenes, I find it's easier to start with writing the AML directly.

In this case, there's two possible approaches you could take. You could try using a where clause like the example below.

<AML>
    <Item type="Part" action="get" where="[Part].item_number like 'Part%'" />
    </AML>

Alternatively, you could try using a condition on the property itself. This approach will allow you to change the query more easily if you want to filter on additional properties later on.

<AML>
    <Item type="Part" action="get">
    <item_number condition="like">Part%</item_number>
    </Item>
    </AML>

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi Pase,

Since the IOM API available from C# methods really just builds AML behind the scenes, I find it's easier to start with writing the AML directly.

In this case, there's two possible approaches you could take. You could try using a where clause like the example below.

<AML>
    <Item type="Part" action="get" where="[Part].item_number like 'Part%'" />
    </AML>

Alternatively, you could try using a condition on the property itself. This approach will allow you to change the query more easily if you want to filter on additional properties later on.

<AML>
    <Item type="Part" action="get">
    <item_number condition="like">Part%</item_number>
    </Item>
    </AML>

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children
No Data