Can't view item from tree grid view

Hello

I'm new to Aras and I have a problem with a tree grid view that I have added to the generic items that were included in the variant manager sample application. I followed the tutorial "An Introduction to Query Builder and Tree Grid View" to make a tree grid view showing the structure of the generic items and what parts were connected to each generic item as usage cases.

My problem is that i can't open the parts/generic items from the tree grid view, I get the option in the context menu but it's greyed out and can't be selected. How can I enable this option? I'm logged in using the administrator account.

I'm using Aras 11.0 SP12 with an open license, and the 11.0.12.1 release of the variant manager sample application.

/Rick

Parents Reply
  • Well, my Innovator SP11 doesn´t even have the right click context menu. Maybe you should downgrade? :-)

But I somehow think this is an SP12 sepecific behaviour or some kind of preview to a function intended to work in a later release.

The QueryBuilder and TreeGridView are features, were a lot of change is happening in each service pack. Previous versions already contain many code, that will be used in later versions. So there are features inside, were you see that they are there, but you cannot use them yet in the UI.

Children