Pop up a Custom Dialog on Before Promote of an item

I have a Part called Part A and Life cycle attached to it.

What I wish to do is when the user tries to promote a part from State A to State B based on some validation I need to restrict the promotion and Popup a custom form saying that the validation has failed and also provide other Item links of type Part which satisfies the validation on the same form , I should also be able to cancel or proceed from the form.

I hope my requirement is clear . Is there any way to popup a custom form from server side method since all methods attached to the Life cycle are server Side.

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks .

Parents
  • Hello,

There is no way to open a custom dialog from a server method. However, it would be possible to add a new promote button via CUI that could handle this logic. It can prompt the user for the state they want to promote to similar to the existing Promote button, but if the promotion fails based on your server-side validations, it could then prompt the user with a dialog as your use case defines.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

There is no way to open a custom dialog from a server method. However, it would be possible to add a new promote button via CUI that could handle this logic. It can prompt the user for the state they want to promote to similar to the existing Promote button, but if the promotion fails based on your server-side validations, it could then prompt the user with a dialog as your use case defines.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children
No Data